Many Americans are still confronting medical bills that are large enough to threaten their family financial health, up to and including personal bankruptcy. While more people have health insurance under the ACA, some people still lack coverage or have significant gaps in coverage for a variety of reasons. Some expenses are related to the high cost of treatments for certain diseases and conditions. Other expenses are related to the “routine” costs associated with insurance premiums and cost sharing for covered benefits.
Using 500 to 750 words, complete the following:
· Analyze the major current contributors to insurance coverage gaps (no coverage and gaps in coverage).
· 3-4 scholarly articles synthesis to support argument(Articles should not be more than 3-5 years old)
· Shi, L., & Singh, D. A. (2019). Delivering health care in America: A systems approach (7th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Barlett Learning.
· Chapter 12: Subsection: Access to care
· Register for the free Harvard course: United States Health Policy.
· Follow the links to register and enroll as a student for this course.
· Select “View Archived Course.”
· Scroll down to see a list of sessions and topics listed under each session.
· Open Session 1.2: Introduction to U.S. Health Reform and the ACA.
· Watch the videos in Topics 1–9 under Session 1.2.
· PBS Frontline Video. Sick Around America.
· PBS Frontline Video: Sick Around the World.
· Altman, D. (2016). The Affordable Care Act’s little-noticed success: Cutting the uninsured rate. Retrieved from http://kff.org/uninsured/perspective/the-affordable-care-acts-little-noticed-success-cutting-the-uninsured-rate/
· Collins, S. R., Gunja, M. Z., Doty, M. M., & Bhupal, H. K. (2018, May 10). Americans’ confidence in their ability to pay for health care Is falling. The Point. Retrieved from https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blog/2018/americans-confidence-their-ability-pay-health-care-falling
· Kaiser Family Foundation. (2019, April 24). Kaiser health tracking poll: The public’s views on the ACA. Retrieved from http://kff.org/interactive/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-the-publics-views-on-the-aca/#?response=Favorable–Unfavorable&aRange=twoYear
· Majerol, M., Newkirk, V., & Garfield, R. (2015, November).The uninsured: A primer: Key facts about health insurance and the uninsured in the era of health reform (PDF). The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, 1-23.
· Rosenbaum, S., Schmuker, S., & Beckerman, J. Z. (2018, October 10). Provider networks and access in medicaid managed care: A look at federal and state standards. The Commonwealth Fund. Retrieved from https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blog/2018/provider-networks-and-access-medicaid-managed-care-look-federal-and-state-standards
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017, January 20). Health Insurance Coverage. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/health-insurance.htm
|Discussion Rubric – 100 Points|
|Frequency of Contribution||Initial post with two peer replies posted on two separate days. 25 points|
|Initial Post||Initial post to is on time and of the correct length (500–750 words). All components of the initial post requirements are addressed. Course content synthesis is applied with at least two scholarly references included. 25 points|
|Peer Replies||On time. There was substantial evidence and synthesis of course content utilizing course topics and the introduction of questions and new information. 25 points|
|Writing Mechanics and APA Format||Few to no writing mechanics or APA errors. 25 points|
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.